Olympiads are nationwide or international level competitive exams where students from different schools & boards compete with other students on a similar education level from classes 1 to 12. These exams are primarily to promote learning in the same subjects included in their school curriculum i.e., CBSE, ICSE, and other recognized state boards syllabus such as Mathematics, Science, Computer Technology or English Language, etc.
The Olympiads for the year 2023-2024 will be conducted in the months of September 2023, October 2023 and January 2024. So, In this blog, we will understand what are Olympiad exams, what is the motive of conducting them and what are the benefits of attempting them for the students, so the students can prepare well for their exams.
Join Deepanksha, the best platform for preparing Olympiads on all the levels as well as highly competitive exams like NEET and JEE.
The Conducting Body:
Olympiad exams are conducted by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF). It is a non-profit organization that operates to promote scientific temperament among the students.
Olympiads Exam mode and the motive of conducting them
These tests are given both offline and online. Students can access their knowledge and skills in these subjects thanks to it. Students have the opportunity to assess their exam performance and raise their academic standing. The participants are evaluated on the basis of their capacity for logic and scientific reasoning.
The Olympiads aim to improve students’ existing knowledge, develop their intellect, and help them become experts in each subject.
How the Olympiads are conducted:
They are conducted through various independent organizations for students from grades 1 to 12.
● The Olympiad exams are conducted for different categories at different levels.
● The mode of conducting the Olympiad exam is online as well as offline.
● The National Cyber Olympiad, International Commerce Olympiad and International GK Olympiad are conducted as angle level exams, while the International English Olympiad Exam, International Mathematics Olympiad and National Science Olympiad Exam are conducted in more than one level.
Eligibility to appear for the Olympiads:
Children in Class 01 through Class 10 are welcome to participate in the school-level Olympiad exams. The same subjects that are taught in school, such as Science, Math, English, GK, Computer, Social Studies, Drawing, and Essay, are available for students in grades 1 through 10 to take the Olympiad exams in.
- Participation in the Olympiad exams is not subject to any requirements for Olympiad eligibility.
Subjects for which Olympiads are conducted
The Olympiad exams are conducted for different subjects like English, Science, Mathematics, Computer and General Knowledge.
Benefits of attempting for Olympiads
- Clarity of Concepts: The goal of Olympiad exams is to ensure that students receive high-quality education.
- Reasoning and problem-solving: Olympiad exams call for students to think critically. In the end, it enhances students’ aptitude and aids in the development of a set of skills.
- Enhances Academic Performance – These exams sharpen students’ thinking and learning levels, which makes it easier for them to understand the concepts being taught in class.
- Prepares For Other Competitions – By providing students with early exposure and subjective learning opportunities, Olympiad exams also prepare them for subsequent competitive exams. Since they have already taken these exams, it will be simpler for the students in the future.
- Inculcation of good habits
Best Olympiad exams assist students in developing good study and revision habits, as well as helping them stay on top of their academic curriculum. This helps them with their regular coursework and raises the bar on their comprehension.
These exercises help to strengthen mental abilities like logic, analysis, reasoning, and comprehension.
- Common Platform and Exposure:
Olympiad exams give students a common stage where they can compete and be exposed to individuals with various viewpoints and educational backgrounds. As a result, they learn more and become more adept at the subject of their choice.
- Skill improvisation: As students get ready for school-level Olympiad exams, they learn how to prioritize their time and value their skill set. Students also work to increase their accuracy at this time, which can help them in the future when taking exams that are similar.
- Promotion of Effective Learning: Students can engage in effective learning by staying within the parameters of the subject’s syllabus without having to worry about the educational board by taking the Olympiad exams.
- Boosts the Confidence: Kids who are preparing for the Olympiad Exams for Kids put a lot of effort into a subject that interests them. As a result, the students’ confidence grows and their morale is raised. The evaluations and tests aid them in
- Apart from these, the additional benefits of attempting the Olympiads can help students to prepare themselves completely for the Board exams.
How To Apply for Olympiad Exams?
Olympiad exams are open to all students from class 1 to class 12. All the eligible candidates can follow these steps to apply for the exam:
- Log in to the official website of the conducting authority ie. ITO or SOF.
- Find the Student Registration Option to register
- Fill up the details such as Student Name, Parent Name, Email ID, School Name, Standard, Address, Password, etc.
- Select your subjects and opt for 3 Months, 6 Months, or the 1 Year Package
- Once the registration is complete, a message will be sent from the authority. You can access necessary information from the site.
Deepanksha: best IIT-JEE Institute for the aspirants
With the help of high-skilled and talented faculty, Deepanksha aims to enhance students’ IQ levels, cultivate critical thinking skills, offer career counselling for better post-10+2 options, ensure the achievement of 100% potential for every student, and, above all, prepare them for admission into India’s most prestigious Engineering and Medical Colleges with top ranks.
Get yourself the best preparation with Deepanksha, an esteemed coaching institute renowned for its excellence in preparing students for IIT-JEE (main + Advanced), NEET (Pre medical), KVPY, Boards & foundation (Class VIII to X, NTSE, Olympiads).